Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Hello there...

Go down 
+7
Biohazard
ZippaH
JayS
Oldbastard
murry
BoBL!Ke
Sera
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Sera

Hello there... Empty
PostSubject: Hello there...   Hello there... Icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 6:59 am

(hmm u dont have a chat section?)

Hi guys. What do you guys think if there’s only one ZH server? Anyway, I think it is better if there’s only one ZH server with many slots and admins like before. Also there’s a possibility that new players may come and join if we only have 1 big ZH server.

Pros:
1. Players will not be dispersed (e.g. no more ct whoring Very Happy coz there is no other server to join/switch)
2. Server will be more attractive to join when it appears on the search list (e.g. 42 slot server with lots of players)
4. Server cost will be cheaper (cost will be shared by ZH clans)
5. It would be definitely better than the current ZH if it works and I think it’s worth the effort.
6. Maybe clans would have better relationship? Like leaders working together and better ZH community…. hehe

Cons:
1. Server control. (Depends on the ZH leaders)
2. Setting up and uploading stuff on the server

I will sponsor a match/training private server (it would have a password) with 14 slots for while. (kicking of players will be no longer needed)

Obviously, the clans paying would be the one responsible on making the decisions for the server.

In addition, the website that would be sponsored to the server will be a webpage that shows the links to each clan, ZH info, how to be pro, bhop etc. I think this would be better coz it shows that we have community to new comers.

If you guys agree, this would be the overview:

42 slot only ZH server (sponsored by ZH clans)
14 slot match/training (sponsored by me)

K cheers. I’m gonna copy & paste this to other forum. If anyone wants to talk to me about this, add me on steam “maroon23” or simply reply on thread.
Back to top Go down
BoBL!Ke

Hello there... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello there...   Hello there... Icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 7:26 am

Sera wrote:

Cons:
1. Server control. (Depends on the ZH leaders)
2. Setting up and uploading stuff on the server
3. People with a bad Comp can't play because of the lagg
4. Maps like courtyard can't be played anymore if there are 25+ player on it

anyways I think it's a good idea but people like noc won't like it because "he needs a server for his own"
why? IDK
Back to top Go down
murry

murry

Hello there... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello there...   Hello there... Icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 9:36 am

Boblike is mother of all wisdom
Back to top Go down
Sera

Hello there... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello there...   Hello there... Icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 10:04 am

ye i missed that 3rd/4th issue. hmmm i guess its up to person to upgrade or just to enjoy the game itself. (if flea can afford a monster laptop, why cant we? ) Smile
Back to top Go down
Oldbastard

Oldbastard

Hello there... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello there...   Hello there... Icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 12:04 pm

Hmm interesting idea.Maybe good.If we rent 42 slot then maybe i can give our server for training its 25 slot and i pay it myself alone.But i want know what Jays and other members think.Im not diktator Very Happy And i want know how mutch cost 42 slot so i can tell how mutch i can sponsor that.And admin staff Very Happy Very Happy im best Very Happy all pll are same line ,friend or not Very Happy
Back to top Go down
JayS
Admin
JayS

Hello there... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello there...   Hello there... Icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 2:09 pm

There are several people in zb and ze which i do not trust... I would not like having them admin... but i get your idea... i will think about some compromises while i am away... on 27.9. i come back... we can talk about it then
Back to top Go down
https://darkrevolution.forumotion.net
Oldbastard

Oldbastard

Hello there... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello there...   Hello there... Icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 2:39 pm

Oh shit,i forget that JayS:[There are several people in zb and ze which i do not trust.]
Back to top Go down
ZippaH

Hello there... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello there...   Hello there... Icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 2:48 pm

There are players in darkr and eb that u can't trust too..
Back to top Go down
Sera

Hello there... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello there...   Hello there... Icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 3:05 pm

Tnx for the reply guys.

Jays, Oldbastard and Zippah, if you're worried about the admin control, it can be sorted out (in my opinion) by starting with 2 admins on each clan (leader w/ full admin & co-leader w/ basic admin for example). And then increase by 1 or 2 and so on if it is actually needed. I trust that these admins would be responsible and active enough. Ofcourse, the leaders would have a chat first with regards to this (e.g. For example, a leader can tell the other leader whom he has problems with and so on). I'm just saying the this can be sorted out.

The only needed control really are teleport & changemap. So giving admin to members is not really needed.

Also, i hope you guys dont mind but if you are going to post something, please do it on the link provided so I dont have to keep going on each website and so that we can all see the replies much easier. thanks

http://zombierangers.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=133&p=1839#p1839
Back to top Go down
Oldbastard

Oldbastard

Hello there... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello there...   Hello there... Icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 11:36 pm

Hmm think that over night.i change my mind Very Happy it isnt work 1 big server.too complicated.
Back to top Go down
Biohazard

Biohazard

Hello there... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello there...   Hello there... Icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 2:58 am

Maps not problem, i make big big maps Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mike of Lyon

Mike of Lyon

Hello there... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello there...   Hello there... Icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 3:02 am

It's a good idea!!
Like old jimbob time Smile!!!
Back to top Go down
SOUR92

SOUR92

Hello there... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello there...   Hello there... Icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 5:45 am

I like it Smile

btw zippah in DarkR were like a family we trust everyone Smile<3
Back to top Go down
Clown

Clown

Hello there... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello there...   Hello there... Icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 6:47 am

"like a family?"..

wtf........... this isnt real life but K.
Back to top Go down
Sera

Hello there... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello there...   Hello there... Icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 6:54 am

Oldbastard wrote:
Hmm think that over night.i change my mind Very Happy it isnt work 1 big server.too complicated.

Hi again. I know it's really complicated, but I believe that if we take it step by step and with a little bit of cooperation, it will work out.

1. Get an agreement from all clans (If they agree or not & who will be able to sponsor)

2. Leaders (sponsors) would then decide on how to get server (Options would be to upgrade an existing clan server or rent a new one. Its probably gud if its discussed on a thread. Each leaders' opinion, advantages, disadvatages, etc. Flea/or me can then act as a neutral advisor)

3. Admin control then comes next. (The leaders can then discuss this on a thread. They must be able to come up with an agreement on what must be done and what NOT must be done e.g Rules to follow when u r an admin and also to start with 1-2 admins each clan & increase if really needed)

4. Setting up the server. (Jangofett is willing to help if work is needed to be done on the server. Anyone else?)

5. Play.

6. Improve the server - skins, maps (Biohazard), sounds, etc.

At the moment, we are on step #1.

---------------------

Also, guys if you dont mind, if your going to post something with regards to this thread, please do it here ( http://zombierangers.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=133&p=1839#p1839 ).

Its updated and shows the views of clan members. Thanks
Back to top Go down
skay

Hello there... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello there...   Hello there... Icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 8:46 am

you can trust me Suspect
Back to top Go down
BoBL!Ke

Hello there... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello there...   Hello there... Icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 11:01 am

33 tick
no shotgun
m249 is allowed

and then it rockzzzuZzZzZzZzZZzzzz
Back to top Go down
Oldbastard

Oldbastard

Hello there... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello there...   Hello there... Icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 2:11 pm

1 big server its like throw piece of meat to floor Very Happy JackalĀ“s coming and want that meat all themselfs or throw more gasoline in fire Very Happy if you know what i mean.
Back to top Go down
Sera

Hello there... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello there...   Hello there... Icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 2:33 pm

^^ lol

Devvo argued about admin giving people admin (which is valid). And he (given one) might use this to abuse. My suggestion is that what if only the basic admin option is available for the big server? We're going to have a separate server wherein RCON is needed. Basic admin will suffice right?

If this doesn't work, the worst thing that can happen is for the clan to go back and rent their own server back which involves 3-4 days setting up. Is the risk really a big deal?

However, if this works, we can all have a populated server and ZH community that can work together.
Back to top Go down
Biohazard

Biohazard

Hello there... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello there...   Hello there... Icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 6:22 pm

i can help with sv too, me and jango wud make a good team Smile
Back to top Go down
ZippaH

Hello there... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello there...   Hello there... Icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 10:21 pm

There is 1 main problem i think.. if suddenly the server crashes for a period of time wut we'll do then??
Back to top Go down
Sera

Hello there... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello there...   Hello there... Icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2009 3:23 am

@ Biohazard - gud to know. tnx

@ Zippah - ummm we wont be able to control that...we have to get a reliable host i think and just prevent causes of crashing.
Back to top Go down
skay

Hello there... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello there...   Hello there... Icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2009 4:51 am

INX-Gaming has a neat server control panel, the server can be up in 1-2 mins, but only sera can access it
Back to top Go down
Sera

Hello there... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello there...   Hello there... Icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2009 5:06 am

ummmmm INX is cheap Exclamation
Back to top Go down
skay

Hello there... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello there...   Hello there... Icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2009 12:24 pm

ZE has a INX server, it doesnt crash very often, only when you put bots or mess with noclip ( which wont happen, because no-one will abuse on the server )
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hello there... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello there...   Hello there... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hello there...
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Offtopic :: Spam-
Jump to: